Saturday, June 27, 2009

What About Farrah?

Hi folks,
It is a tragedy that Michael Jackson died at the age of 50, an early age nowadays. Everyone with a lick of sense knows he was a fantastic performer. A Humanitarian and a person of great depth. Yes, he had dark points and was at very least a very strange Bloke. I don't lend a lot of support to him being a pedophile but he did not do a lot to stay above reproach. I understand trying to recover a lost childhood but someone of that notoriety NEEDS to stay above reproach.

Now, what bothers me a bit is that Farrah Fawcett died the very same day. Yes, I know, she had been suffering from cancer for ages. Do you Know that Farrah spent the later part of her career doing TV movies
exposing the amounts of spousal abuse and things like that. Working towards preventing and education about abusing women. Yes, she had a hard row with chemical dependency but having cancer kinda leads one to probs. Should I also mention that at one point or another almost every man on the planet had a bit of a crush on her??? LOL
Watching the news shows here, she is like a forgotten soul. I doubt anyone shed a tear for her passing. (excluding friends and family) Farrah faced so many problems and did not always do it well but for gods sake, do any of us handle every problem well? Ladies imagine being married to Lee Majors.....LOL
I am not saying that either death is more or less important. I just think it is sad how 1 can be so easily overlooked. Outside of America does anyone know her other than being 1 of Charlie's Angels?.
OK, enough ranting...
Love you Daisy, Love you J.
Peace,
Davey

3 comments:

Davey said...

I forgot to mention, in general it was a rough week for American entertainers...Ed Mcmahon also died this week.
Who the hell is gonna hand out those friggin huge checks???

Peace,
Davey

Meow said...

What has always pissed me off is that Princess Di and Mother Teresa died within a week of each other and guess who got all the publicity?? Yes, Di did a lot of charity work, but the media should get some perspective!! We're talking MOTHER TERESA!! Meow (now off her soapbox)

Daisychain said...

Hello, baby!
I love you....
Michael Jackson WAS kinda likely to get more attention.... he was a legend, a true King of pop...known the world over. Sheesh, I had 4 year olds coming in the next morning, telling me "Michael Jackson is dead...he can't write any more songs...."
He was also in the news a lot recently because of his upcoming tour...he was just 50, 3 weeks YOUNGER than me....and it was a sudden death...all things to get it in the media.
She was 62, and had been fighting cancer for some time, so the death had an explanation.... wasn't as sensational.
And, from the low profile Farrah CHOSE to take, while fighting cancer, I would have thought it was what she wanted, to be out of the spotlight....
I am very sad that he is no longer with us; but his music is a legacy that will live way into the future....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx