Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Attempting to be English

Hello Peoples,
Even with the passport problems, I am constantly learning so that I can fit into British society. Square peg in a round hole. LOL Daisy says I should learn to speak the queens English but maintain my American accent. (Didn't notice I had one.) Something about proper pronunciation.
Daisy says my attempt an an English accent sounds like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins . You should have heard her when I asked the problem with that.....LMAO. Huge Laurie does a wonderful American accent but he swears it actually hurts.
SO...If I cant master the language, maybe I shall attempt the culinary world? The poor folk I work with do not have a clue.... I shall start practicing my english cooking. I can do a passable Fish and chips. I have had Yorkshire pudding and have a recipe to work with.
Those who saw my recipe on Daisy's blog probably noted that it is not english...Sorry, Sloppy Joe's are a weakness of mine, not gourmet but certainly Good Eats.
IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, I AM RAMBLING AGAIN.
The more Daisy and I talk food, the more I am convinced I will need to learn to eat all over again. I hate fish. Well, I hate fish that tastes like fish, a good battered fish with enough tarter sauce is yummy. LOL
I can honestly say I dont remember ever tasting lamb. Beef, Chicken and Pork are the meats I know about.
Every so often I wonder how I'd do opening an American "Bar and Grill"....Not a Pub Just an American invasion of sorts....LOL
Those of you that have visited a Bar and grill know, the food is friendly, homelike but not real fancy. Sloppy Joes, Burgers, Chilli Dogs, Nacho's, Pizza and the like. Comfort foods, Macaroni & Cheese would be a must.
Thank the Good Guys Spanks are international. At least that much I am dealing with.
Thanks for reading this far, You never know what stuff you will find here.
By the way....Still waiting if anyone has an idea for editing the playlist at the top of this page...
Hello to Daisy and Jflame, my loving family.
Peace,
Davey

5 comments:

Daisychain said...

Hello, my darling!
Ummm...in case you didn't know, England has probably been invaded by more foreign food concerns than any other country!!!
We have TGI Fridays, Frankie and Bennys,McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Pizza Express, Dominos Pizza, Prezzos, Cinnabons, Burger King, Back Inn Time, Subway, and Steakhouses; we have Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Spanish, Indonesian, French, American, Italian, Greek, Thai, Japanese, (sushi, raw fish, yeeeeukkkkkkk, oh, and, you know what? just to make people remember they are in England, they throw in a couple of english restaurants, like carveries, pie, mash and liquor, fish and chips..., and traditional english roasts, etc...
And thats just my High Street!!! xxxxxxx Love you! xxxxxxxxx

Jay Walker said...

Dad, to edit the playlist :-

Go to playlist.com.
Go to My Playlists.
Once there you can edit playlist or if you want to change the order of the songs go to Manage songs.

A long list of your songs will appear.
you have to click and drag them to where you want.

once you are done, click save changes.
go back to your blog and just refresh the page, your edited playlist will change automatically.

Hope that helps.
Hugs, Jay xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lady_Karen_Rebel said...

Lol!...Most English people don't speak the queens English...

Karen x

Hermione said...

Pity us poor Canadians. We speak and write a hybrid of British and American English, and it's constantly evolving!

If you have ever seen any British cooking programs, you'll know that batter-fried fish is quite the exception rather than the rule. Gordon Ramsey would cane anyone who did that to sea bass or John Dory (a type of fish too, I guess)

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

Hey Davey, Karen's right.
We don't even understand some people from different parts of the UK.

Battered fish is yummy but not from our fish and chip shops (well that's my opinion). You need to go down to one of our coasts where it is freshly caught that day.

Lamb is also yummy, you will have to get Daisy to do you a lovely roast lamb dinner, now I'm hungry and all I've got for lunch is an apple and orange, on a diet.

Ronnie
xx